Friday, August 19, 2011

"...but my heart wanted me to"

let me back up and start at the beginning.
earlier this week lia noticed one of our neighbors outside working in his yard.
this particular neighbor is one that she regularly visits.
either to take a baked good, help do yard work or just sit and chat with.
this neighbor recently cut down a huge tree in his front yard leaving a big stump.
he has been out daily trying to clean up the mess that was left.
so lia saw him out and went over to help.
it wasn't long after that 2 neighbor girls came out to play.
she hadn't seen these 2 girls very much this summer.  either they were gone or we were.
but, she kept on sweeping up the wood chips left behind from the saw.
the next day i asked her what all she helped with as i left that night to attend a meeting.
this is what she said--
"mom, i really didn't want to help him when i saw my friends come out--but my heart wanted me to!"
the honesty of a precious child.
just when i begin to arrogantly think that sam and i are the only ones responsible for raising up these children we've been blessed with i am subtly reminded that there is someone much much bigger who is in control.
someone who loves my children more than i.
someone who already knows the plans for their future.
someone who is working in their hearts.
and for this i am brought to my knee's in tears, in complete thanksgiving, in awe that there is a love like that!
thank you God for your love!  
and thank you for using my children to show me how simply and easily it can be shown!









No comments:

Post a Comment