Wednesday, October 12, 2011

where does my help come from?


it's been a long couple of weeks.
we found out we were pregnant 4 weeks ago.
2 weeks later i thought i had another miscarriage.
and then last week it was discovered that i was in need of surgery due 
to a tubal pregnancy.
i had made an apt. for my yearly exam the week of the miscarriage.
i was 6 months overdue for it.
30 minutes before leaving for my apt. i became sweaty, nauseous and had terrible pain in my stomach.
any other time i would have cancelled the apt.--but i really thought it was related to the miscarriage so i still went.
feeling like a nut, i explained to my nurse what was going on.
after taking a pregnancy test it was discovered that i was still pregnant.
an exam, blood work and an ultrasound followed.
i love my doctor.
he delivered lia and kye.
by this time i had called sam and he was with me.
i was still in a lot of pain and had thrown up a couple times.
after all this we talked with my doctor--he explained that he wasn't certain it was a tubal, but needed to do surgery to find out for sure.
there was another doctor on call that night, but he stayed to do my surgery.
by 5 we were getting checked into our room.
while sitting in my room i realized i hadn't even said "bye" to the kids--
i needed to call them.
sam and i decided that it would be best for me to tell them about the surgery--no details though.
i talked with all 3 of them.
i needed that.
at 7:30 they came to get me.
sam went with me to another room where we waited for the anesthesiologist.
he had just done my grandpa's anesthesia a couple days prior. 
was good to have another familiar face.
he explained what his part would be during the surgery.

sam and i prayed.
i wasn't scared.  
we talked about heaven and how i was ready to go if it was my time.
they wheeled me into surgery.
my doctor was waiting on me--he stood beside me while the anesthesiologist did his job.
i remember the clock going fuzzy.
he told me i would feel like i had a few drinks.
i informed him i hadn't drank since college--but i remembered it feeling like that.
then i started praying.
i was getting nervous and i needed Him beside me.
that is the last thing i remember.

when i woke there were 2 nurses by my bed.
i have no idea if i said anything to them.
i forgot where i was for a minute, but quickly remembered.
it wasn't long before they wheeled me to my room.
sam met me in the hall.
i don't remember when i asked sam about the surgery--i think it was the next morning.
i was pretty sure what the answer was.
my doctor came in mid-morning the next day and released us to go home.

so, where does my help come from?
my help, my strength, my healing, my hope, my refuge, my everything--
it comes from the LORD.
the maker of heaven and earth.

4 weeks ago i prayed that this babies days were numbered long in His book of life.
they weren't.
reighard baby #6 is with Jesus!

i look forward to that reunion!











 

1 comment:

  1. Hello. My name is Liz and I am a good friend of Kristina's. I've read your blog off and on after Kristina shared it with me. I had ectopic pregnancy last summer that I actually discovered in an ER while visiting Kristina. After trying the drug therapy and it failing, I also had to have surgery in which they had to remove my tube. It was definitely a very trying time. However, because of it we have a beautiful son whom we adopted last spring! Anyway, just wanted to send my prayers across the Internet as you heal from your loss. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete